With Adam being a qualified Sports Massage Therapist, DTF have to opportunity to offer individual sports massage sessions on-site.
Sports massage can enhance pre-event preparation, prevent injury, reduce recovery time and increase performance during training or at an event. While many people from all walks of life also find that it improves their posture and flexibility.
Some of the common injuries that can be remedied with sports massage techniques are as follows:
- Knee Injuries (Cruciate ligament Sprains)
- Piriformis syndrome
- Adhesive Capsulitis (frozen shoulder)
- Tennis & Golfers Elbow (medial and lateral epicondylitis)
- Rotator Cuff Injuries (shoulder injuries)
- IT Band Syndrome (Iliotibial band or runners knee)
- Plantar Fasciitis (Foot surface pain)
- Upper and Lower back pain (repetitive movements of the lumbar, thoracic and cervical spine)
- Ankle sprains (lateral ankle sprains account for 10-15% of all sporting injuries)
- Achilles tendon problems (tendonitis (inflammation) or tendinosis (degeneration)
Sports massage is much more specific than a deep tissue massage. The aim is to work directly at the injury/ issue site and surrounding area. The massage will involve questions about the injury or problem, a visual assessment followed by the massage treatment (sometimes intense massage techniques) including stretching followed by home care advice.
If you are looking to aid recovery, improve performance or promote flexibility by taking advantage of a massage treatment, please contact Adam directly or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org